SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR AND MANAGER | THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN & GATEHOUSE MEDIA CENTER FOR NEWS AND DESIGN | 2004 – PRESENT. CURRENTLY: OFFICE OF THE DEAN, COLLEGE OF NATURAL SCIENCES
COORDINATOR |RESISTOR II | 2019 – PRESENT
COORDINATOR |SOUTHWEST SYNTH FEST | 2019
HIGHER EDUCATION ACCREDITATION CONSULTANT | 2017 – PRESENT
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR | FUSEBOX FESTIVAL & 60 IN SIXTY| 2017 – PRESENT
PROGRAM MANAGER (OVERLORD) | DORKBOT AUSTIN SPEAKER SERIES AND EVENTS – CURRENTLY ON HIATUS| 2013 – PRESENT
MANAGING DIRECTOR | DADAGEEK | 2018
EVENT COORDINATOR | ELECTRONIC FRONTIER FOUNDATION (EFF) AUSTIN – SXSW PARTY| 2018
EVENT COORDINATOR | CURIOUS ENTERTAINMENT | 2017
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR | SONIC TRANSMISSIONS FESTIVAL | 2017 – 2018
EVENT COORDINATOR/PRODUCER | MAKER FAIRE AUSTIN | 2017 – 2018
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR | HAVENCON | 2016 – 2017
SPEAKER STAGE COORDINATOR | MAKER FAIRE AUSTIN | 2014 – 2016
CERTIFICATIONS AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
Proficient in MS Office, PowerPoint, Slack, Telegram, GrowTix, Marcato, Mailchimp, Workday, Peoplesoft, ADP, When I Work, Position management software, Square, Venmo and Paypal, Google Docs/Suite, Box/DropBox, WordPress, Eventbrite, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, Asana, Hoot Suite, and many other social networks and programs.
- Violin, musical saw, and Theremin. Electronic and experimental music project: Enochian Call Girls. Also in: Ouiness
- Clothing line: Couture Voltage (electronics-inspired clothing) Couturevoltage.com
- Comics and Artwork: Robots & Squids
- Author of all written content for the Tarotron 3000 electronic game experience for Delptronics.
- Designed the game “Splash Screen” for the Delptronics LED Matrix, Fantastic Fest, Fantastic Arcade 2016.
- Artwork for the game Mermaid’s Purse, Femicom Game Jam 2015
- Various film & animated shorts.
ORGANIZATION & LEADERSHIP
- Active networker for the Austin electronic and experimental music, maker, art, and performance communities – bringing these together for multiple events throughout the year
- Music show coordinator, with scheduling and promoting experience
- Currently running quarterly showcase (BADASS BABES) featuring some of Austin’s most unique female and female-identifying fronted musical acts
- Promoter, demonstrator, and volunteer for Delptronics Electronic Musical Instruments at NAMM, SXSW Create, Moogfest, and Knobcon
- Volunteer for creative outreach committee to bring Meow Wolf to Austin
- Contract Academic Editor and Project Manager
PAST VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE